Management Consulting MBA
The Management Consulting MBA is a set of 1,500 slides (16 presentations divided into 5 parts) and 252 page book teaching business analysts and associates all core skills and concepts needed to succeed as a management consultant. They can be viewed anytime, anywhere and on any device, and downloads are not permitted. We have conveniently separated this information from the Capability Center to ensure access across a wider audience than the center’s 3,000 capped membership. All the slides are extracted from a more extensive library of 400 presentations, (21,000 slides) which we use to train our active management consulting clients. The rest of the library not presented here focuses on niche analyses which are not necessary for every consultant to understand.
We are regularly asked the secrets to progressing one’s career and move ahead. As we have discussed in our podcasts, and simply put, things like networking within a firm, choosing the right partners, and selecting “hot” sectors only work if you can do the work well. Even the most interested partner will be unwilling to have someone on their team who is not able to deliver. You need to earn the right to gain a powerful and effective mentor. These slides will teach you how to do that.
$25/month (queries to email@example.com)
Part I Consulting Fundamentals
- Consulting professionalism discusses ethics, travelling etiquette, sharing of information, 20 slides
- Managing cases discusses team dynamics, project management, case controls, charters, implementation planning, project updates, knowledge capture, role of champions, case managers and case partner, 96 slides
- Core skills discusses coaching and feedback, typical case, understanding strategy cases, developing hypotheses, 208 slides
- Presentations discusses developing storyboards and delivering presentations, 76 slides
- Operations skills discusses channel management, balanced scorecard and value based management, 107 slides
Part II Corporate Finance for Management Consulting
- Financial statements discusses a graphical representation to teach the three primary statements; cash-flow, income and balance sheet, 94 slides
- Financial and ratio analyses discusses all the key financial and accounting ratios candidates are expected to deploy in their earlier years, as well as guidelines to use the information, 32 slides
- Capital budgeting, NPV & IRR discusses uses extensive graphics and examples to teach clients when to use the concepts and the pitfalls of applying them incorrectly, 85 slides
- Risk, return, portfolio analyses and WACC discusses, 52 slides
- Valuation discusses a detailed list of steps and one complete example teaching how to complete a thorough valuation of a business, 109 slides
Part III Business Cases for Management Consulting
- Business case approach discusses the business case philosophy, approach and process, myths and critical success factors, 45 slides
- Managing a business case discusses running a business case work stream: overview, structure, roles, processes, charter, activities and critical success factors, 85 slides
- eBusiness cases discusses the different types of such cases and how to structure them, 20 slides
- Structuring an engagements discusses the business structure: structure and contents, strategic scoping, financial analysis, business modelling, top-down business case, bottom-up benefits case, transitioning to benefits tracking, 124 slides
- Spreadsheets discusses an extensive list of best-practices related to spreadsheet mastery: standard analysis framework, spreadsheet design, excel functionality, 39 slides
Part IV Management Consulting Analyses Reference Guide
- Analyses guides contains a description, examples and set of guidelines for all analytic tools used by management consultants, 240 slides
Part V Step-by-step Guide to Applying the Tools Above
- The book, Succeeding as a Management Consultant – Mining & Resources, is 252 pages in length and written by former management consulting partners and case leaders.
- This is the only consulting guide taking readers on a day-by-day and step-by-step journey through a complete engagement. MBA students contemplating a career in management consulting will find this book to be the perfect introduction, as will practising consultants.
- Follow an engagement team as they assist Goldy, a large Brazilian company, in diagnosing and fixing, deep and persistent organisational issues. This book covers an 8 week assignment and explains how they successfully navigate a challenging client environment, develop hypotheses, build the analyses and provide the final recommendations. It is written so the reader may understand, follow and replicate the process using the tools above. Consultants can learn the techniques of the leading management consulting firms.
- Consultants from the following firms use our “Succeeding as a Management Consultant” series of books: McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Booz, Deloitte, Accenture, PWC, E&Y, KPMG, Marakon, AT Kearney, Monitor Company, Booz Allen Hamilton, OC&C, Burlington, Tata, DTI, British Government, South African Government, Mexican Government, ECB, IMF, World Bank, Import Export Board, Brazilian Government, PIP and LEK, as well as numerous banks and Fortune 1000 companies.
To view a more thorough step-by-step book to using these tools in an actual engagement, with guiding videos, podcasts and excel models, please use any one of the 4 “Succeeding as a Management Consultant” detailed books.
Note: No refunds are issued under any circumstances, though the option to cancel the subscription is available when a rebill notice is emailed each month. The cancellation option is listed in the notice.